Once you arrive at Starlight Cinema, you’ll notice this isn’t your ordinary “movie in the park” event. When you experience one of our movies, you’ll want to keep coming back, because every event is unique, with plenty to do for the entire family!
ALL MOVIE EVENTS ARE FREE TO ATTEND! Starlight Cinema is made possible by the generous support of local businesses. Please show your appreciation by thanking our sponsors at the events and throughout the year by giving them your patronage and support.
As part of our local giving initiative, we partner with the Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf to give back to the communities they serve in our area. At each event, we ask that families consider bringing non-perishable food items and cash donations
Prior to each movie starting, we offer a number of entertaining options to keep the kids entertained and the adults amused. Our Entertainment starts about 2 hours prior to each movie. Check our EVENT SCHEDULE for specific start times. You can also visit our FACEBOOK PAGE for more details about each event.
Showing the movies requires us to wait until the sun has set. Most movies usually start right around dusk, which is about 20 minutes after sunset. Check our MOVIE SCHEDULE for specific start times.
What to Bring:
• A folding lawn chair or blanket to sit on
• Umbrella or rain gear (for inclement weather)
• Cash for snack and refreshments at the vendor stands / donations for CCEFS Food Shelf
• A sweatshirt, especially if it gets cooler after sunset
• Mosquito repellent (if desired)
• Parking is available in the Ojibway Park parking lot. Access to the Ojibway Park lot is off of Courtly Rd. Overflow parking is available in the Woodbury High School parking lot.
Rules / Etiquette:
• Wagons / Strollers: Some families like to use wagons / strollers. We ask that you keep them store them in a manner that does not obstruct others from viewing the screen during the events
• Smoking / Tobacco: Tobacco use is prohibited in the viewing / sitting area during the event.
• Pets: Pets are allowed at the event, but they need to be on a leash. Owners must obey all pet ordinances including pickup and disposal of any waste.
• Alcohol: No alcohol will be sold on site at the events. While alcoholic beverages are permitted in the park, underage consumption will be strictly enforced during the event.
• Trash / Waste: Each person is responsible for picking up trash / waste and putting it in the proper receptacle before, during and after the event.
• ANY PERSON, regardless of age, may be asked to leave the park (and escorted, if necessary) for behavior that is disruptive to the viewing audience. Woodbury Police will be present at all events.
Starlight Cinema is touted as a family-friendly event, meaning the entertainment and movie titles we show are generally accepted by most as being appropriate for all families. While there are no age restrictions for Starlight Cinema, parents of younger children are advised to determine the age appropriateness of the content shown at each movie. Ratings for each movie accompany the Movie Schedule
If you still have any questions when you’re at the event, find any one of our Volunteers. They will be glad to assist you or answer your questions. Our trained volunteers are made up of local business owners, parents and high-school age kids. They will be glad to assist you or answer any questions about the event setup.